We believe as an arboricultural company we have a very important role to play in the conservation and promotion of our environment
It is a key aim of Heart of England tree services to effectively implement and maintain a progressive environmental policy. We take seriously our responsibility for environmental stewardship and believe that as one the leading arboricultural companies in Birmingham we should do everything we can as a business to tackle the challenges facing our habitat and minimise the impact of human demands on the environment and local ecosystem.
We have constructed our Environmental Policy to ensure it is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our business activities, products and services. We are committed to the following:-
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and other environmental requirements and associated practices to which we subscribe.
- Continual improvement and prevention of pollution.
- Promoting environmental principles throughout the supply and service chain.
- Maintaining open communication links within the company, to our customers and the general public with regard to environmental issues concerning our operations.
- Recycling all of our reusable wood.
- Ensuring efficient use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Operating our business in the most environmentally beneficial way.
- Operating our business in a safe and respectful way.
This policy is central to how we operate as a company and is fully understood and endorsed by all Heart of England employees. This policy is reviewed regularly to ensure it continues to be valuable and relevant to our business objectives and our customer needs.
Health and Safety
Health and Safety
Arboriculture or 'tree surgery' as it is commonly known, is by its very nature, one of the most dangerous occupations.
Every member of our staff take health and safety very seriously, risk assessments are carried out before every job, so that any potential issue can be either avoided or eliminated.
We are extremely proud of our safety record and always aim to use the most suitable methods and machinery for the job. This ensures that neither our staff or our customers are placed in any unnecessary danger.
Method statements can be prepared upon request, this is a document usually required from our commercial clients to outline exactly how the job will be carried out, what equipment will be used and what contingency plans are in place etc.
We ensure that all of our staff are assessed on a regular basis to make sure they understand and employ the latest industry health and safety techniques. These assessments are done either internally or externally through workshops.
The use of specialised machinery such as cranes and cherry pickers enables us to carry out most tree services without having to rely on tree climbing which can be dangerous in certain circumstances.
As an established tree care company we possess all the professional assurances and accreditations you would expect. Fully insured to £2,000,000 public liability and £10,000,000 employers liability.